Our homes are our comfort zone where we are able to relax and spend time with our family. We spend money and time choosing the best house to live in and further invest money in the possessions and decorations that are going to fill it. It is equally important to invest in its security. Crime rates are on the rise and it is crucial that everyone have certain security measures in place to protect our homes and our loved ones. Doors are the main point of entry for any house and this is the same place where intruders are able to enter it. First and foremost, we should take measures to strengthen our doors against thieves and home invaders. While multiple locks and door chains help, a weak door will not be able to withstand the force of someone strong kicking it no matter what you put on it. Therefore, the best way to ensure the safety of your house is to invest in a security door. These doors have sturdy frames which are made from materials such as steel or wrought iron which not only makes it very difficult for intruders to get it but also lasts for a long time. They also have heavy duty locks and deadbolts that make it near impossible for burglars to get in and also cannot be penetrated by tools such as knives and hammers that are often used by such people. Even the hinges are made to withstand strong force so that no one is able to kick the door in and also have glass that is shatter resistant. Having a security door installed in your house gives a formidable impression to those that want to enter uninvited and actually deters them instead. The invaders will also feel on a psychological level that the house is too well protected to enter and so will not even try. They also add value to your property and are available in a number of different styles and designs that enhance the overall appeal.
When you are choosing a door like this for your home, you must firstly take the design of your house into account as you will want something that will compliment it. They come in a variety of materials such as wood, aluminium and steel. Wood is the material that is most likely to suit the style of your house but metal doors offer better protection. There is also the option of a security screen Melbourne door which allows you to look outside but no one can look inside. They also allow for greater ventilation and more natural light inside your home. Here are the types of security doors that you can choose from:
- Standard diamond grille door is the most common type and has an aluminum frame and grille. The grille is fixed in such a way that makes it into a diamond shape that will not allow any intruders hand to slide in.
- Small diamond grille doors have an aluminum grille that has tiny holes and is great for those areas with higher risks of invasions and can be used for small warehouses as well.
- Stainless steel security wire is the most expensive type if door as it is made with stainless steel and offers the most protection. They have a heavy steel mesh that makes it near impossible to break in.
- Decorative grille doors are used were the main preference is appearance and some security. These doors allow different patterns on the grille to make them look attractive but offer low protection.
- Cast iron grille door has an aluminum frame with a cast iron grille which makes the door heavy.
You will also need a professional installer to properly install the door. They will have the right tools and will be able to handle any fitting problems. There are also different systems available with security doors such as the button system which is the most commonly used. This allows someone to enter your house only if they have a pass code which will open the door once entered. A stainless-steel wiring system is an expensive but very secure option that has a 3-pound locking system in place. Trellis doors are also available which can be locked using a swiping motion and also have a bolt or a lock and key to increase the safety of your house. When ensuring the door security of your house, it is also important to keep your budget in mind. However, you should always keep the safety of your home as a priority and invest in the best choice available especially if you live in a high-risk area.